We regret that we can no longer take unsolicited review requests, however, please watch our Facebook page and website for call-outs for unsolicited books.
For inquiries from creators or publishers with whom we do not have a current relationship, please see our CONTACT section. Please don't message us on our Facebook page. This website has clear contact and review policy information.
Information for trade publishers with whom we have a current relationship:
- Bulk press releases, AIS and online/PDF new release catalogues can be emailed to all members of our team, however, direct review copy requests should be made to the Managing Editor (see CONTACTS).
- We will be in touch with you directly if we wish to review any of your books, either independently-sourced or via press releases or catalogues.
- Please don't send follow-up emails regarding reviews--we just can't cope with the load. We will be in touch if we want to request something.
- We cannot advise if or when a review will be posted.
- It can take a few days, a few weeks or 6 months or more for a review to appear.
- We are unable to email links once a review is posted. Do check the site frequently for reviews (added daily), or use our search function on the site.
- We reserve the right to choose whether or not to review all books received, even those openly solicited.
- It is rarely that we review a self-published book, unless it is of publishing house standard. We are not anti-self-publishing, we are pro-brilliance.
- We rarely accept didactic, heavily message-driven books.
- We do occasionally review ebooks however require instant download from iTunes for iPad.
- Please don't send us galleys, proofs, mock-ups nor PDFs or any other electronic book versions (unless we have already agreed to provide a pre-publication quote, of course).
- We cannot return books and do not advise of receipt of books.
We welcome guest posts from anyone with a love of children's literature. And yes, you can link to your site or book. See here for guidelines and details. All contributions from guest-posters are unpaid. Please do NOT contact us regarding guest posts if you are from a nanny site, a gaming site, a travel site or any other site completely unrelated to children's books.
We also welcome requests for author, illustrator and industry professional interviews. We only hold interviews by email, not telephone.
For Authors, contact Penny Harrison.
For Illustrators, contact Heidi Cooper.