I used to be second principal dancer in a Nancy Sinatra covers band.
2. What is your nickname?
Dee, or Macka.
3. What is your greatest fear?
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Two drops understatement, three fingers foolishness, a dash of clarity.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Economic, punctual, experimental, non-precious, enthusiastic.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Joe Gould (from Joe Gould's Secret by Joe Mitchell, 1965). I like the idea of keeping people interested in something.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1900. I'd like to hear what it was like before cars.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
Too many names to mention.
10. What/who made you start writing?
I had ideas for illustrated stories, they needed written words and I thought I was the best to do this. I like traditional books, how they're made and how they work.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Lanyard. It sounds like it could be a place, a verb or an insulting name.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Grimm's Fairy Tales Collection. And I would sit around and illustrate it.
Learn more about David's world here. Don't miss David's latest book Marshall Armstrong is New to Our School - and his newbie Meet Lincoln Green is out October 2013.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom