Bailey hates his new school. His tummy aches. He has no friends. His dog Fuzzy slobbers all over him. BLAH! How can Bailey change his BLAH to HA-HA-HA?
Bailey Beats the Blah is an empowering picture book to help kids overcome sad days and worry thoughts, boosting self-esteem, emotional awareness and action plans on how to lift a child’s mood.
Bailey is aligned with the Kids Matter program on the National Education curriculum, and supported by Kids' Help Line.
1. Really talk to your child. Find out how they're feeling. Encourage them to express their emotions and what’s on their mind.
2. Encourage your child to participate in daily exercise and sports out in the fresh air.
3. Find out what activities ‘switch your child on’. Encourage your child to participate.
4. Consider a pet so your child can develop responsibility and a nurturing spirit.
5. Read Bailey Beats the BLAH to your child, spring-boarding discussion on how to change their BLAH to Ha-Ha-Ha. Download teacher notes and children’s activities on Karen Tyrell's website.
Bailey Beats the BLAH is available from Amazon and KarenTyrrell.com
The winner of the Kids' Book Review giveaway for Bailey Beats the Blah has been selected. Congratuations Penny Reeve. You have won a copy of Bailey Beats the Blah. Please email Susan at susan(AT)kids-bookreview(dot)com. If no contact is made within 48 hours, a new comment will be selected.
Comments made on this post will continue to go into the draw for the Bailey Beats the Blah blog tour giveaway organised by Karen Tyrell. Entries for that giveaway close 11.59pm Tuesday19th November 2013.
Please note: Comments on this website are subject to moderator approval. There may be some delay between when you submit your comment and when it appears on the site. All comments will be approved as soon as possible.
Join Karen on her Bailey Beats the BLAH blog tour by visiting the following websites:
3rd Nov Creative Kids' Tales
4th Nov Boomerang Books Blog with Dimity Powell
5th Nov Writing for Children by Di Bates
6th Nov Kids' Book Review (that's us!)
7th Nov Robin Adolphs
8th Nov Charmaine Clancy
9th Nov Dream Big ... Read Often by Melissa Wray
10th Nov Claire Ever After
11th Nov SquiggleMum
12th Nov Nicky Johnston
13th Nov e-Quipped
14th Nov Jill Writes
15th Nov Bipolar Burble
16th Nov Bug in a Book
17th Nov Write Away with Me
18th Nov Under the Apple Tree by Angela Sunde