I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t write.
2. What is your nickname?
Gazza (from my friends???) or Grumps (from my grandchildren)
3. What is your greatest fear?
Heights and snakes. Like stepping on a snake on the edge of a high building
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
I love what I do.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
Back to my childhood to start again
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
You silly man.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
The adult author, Patrick White
10. What/who made you start writing?
I loved to be alone and quiet and lost in my own world making things.
11. What is your favorite word and why?
Peace, because there isn’t any.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Bible because it says the lot.
Gary Crew is an award-winning Australian author of books for children and teens. He published his first novel in 1986 and has written numerous books since, specialising in teen and YA fiction and picture books. The Cuckoo, illustrated by Naomi Turvey, is one of Gary's latest books, published by Ford St Publishers in April 2014. You can find out more about Gary's work, including a list of his published books, on his Wikipedia profile.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom