I want to be an archaeologist when I grow up.
2. What is your nickname?
I have a lot of nicknames, but most people call me “Belle”. I also answer to “shell bell”, “mummsie”, “sweet nuts” and “egg shell” .
3. What is your greatest fear?
I love the ocean but I am scared of sharks, so I never swim out further than I can touch. That movie Jaws has a lot to answer for.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Old fashioned Australian stories with a timeless message.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Proud to be an Australian
6. What book character would you be, and why?
I would be Elizabeth Bennett because I want to marry Mr Darcy
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I would travel to 1963 and audition for Ann-Margaret’s role in Viva Las Vegas
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
I thought I was meant to get my Italian grandmother’s bosom, what happened?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
I grew up reading stories like Blinky Bill, The Magic Pudding and Possum Magic. I love stories that are uniquely Australian and authors that capture the Aussie spirit.
10. What/who made you start writing?
I started writing bedtime stories for my children, but I have always loved writing poems.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Beloved. It means you love and are loved and there is nothing more important in the world.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Hobbit by J K Tolken. It is my favourite book of all time and I still read it out loud to my boys at night.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: kellyATkids-bookreviewDOTcom