I watch trashy TV shows (all the time).
2. What is your nickname?
Some of the boys at high school called me “Bruggo”, but not recently.
3. What is your greatest fear?
Something bad happening to my animals when I’m not there.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
I write like the character is whispering in your ear.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Fast, genuine, careful, compassionate, brutal.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Lyra from the ‘Dark Materials’ series, because she’s tough, impulsive and courageous.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I would have loved to see the Incan or Mayan temples when they were first built.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
“I can’t believe you have so many ponies!”
9. Who is your greatest influence?
Probably my partner Chris. If he doesn’t absolutely love something I’ve written I will delete the whole thing and start again.
10. What/who made you start writing?
A lady I worked with told me that her husband had given up his job to write a book, and I asked why he couldn’t just do it at night time, after work. She laughed and said that wasn’t possible, so I went home that night to find out. (It is possible, BTW).
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Synchronicity. Writers rely on it for stories to make sense.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
To find out more about Alyssa and her books, visit her website here. You can read our review of her latest book, Alex as Well, here.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: kellyATkids-bookreviewDOTcom