I can put my right arm back, balance twenty twenty cent pieces of my elbow, then flip my arm forward and catch them all in my hand.
2. What is your nickname?
3. What is your greatest fear?
That people might stop publishing my books. That, and World War Three. They're both pretty bad.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Since my stroke, it has become quite slow and meditative.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Imagination, sense of humour, I like to read and redraft, curiosity.
6. What book character would you be, and why.
Does Doctor Who count as a book character? HE sure turns up in a lot of books.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1828, to see if I got things right or wrong in The Life of a Teenage Body-snatcher.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Put more fights in. And aliens.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
10. What/who made you start writing?
Dad, the storyteller.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Anhedonia. It's such a beautiful word to describe sadness.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
The Reginald Perrin trilogy by David Nobbs.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom