Much like our PM Julia, I’m a compulsive knitter. I knit whenever I sit in front of TV, and read novels during commercial breaks.
2.What is your nickname?
My name is sometimes shortened to Gold. Is that a nickname?
3. What is your greatest fear?
I have lots of those. Perhaps the worst is losing my eyesight so I can no longer read.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Descriptive. Character, narrative and setting driven. Aims for simplicity even with complex issues.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Imaginative. Characterisation. Redraft. Resend. Persistence.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
I have always wanted to be as feisty as Elizabeth Bennet and Jane Eyre.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
What a shame we can’t live several hundred years. I would love to know what life is like in the future.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
All the reading I did as a 10 yo has finally paid off with the number of books I have published.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
All the English classics I read as a kid.
10. What/who made you start writing?
It was something I always wanted to do but I had to wait until the time was right. This meant that I was a late starter.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
I mentioned it before: PERSISTENCE.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
I cannot imagine ever being in this situation but I guess it would be the combined plays of Shakespeare.
Learn more about Goldie's books right here!
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom