I’m a terrible sppeller and I’m terrified of baboons!
2. What is your nickname?
‘Peach Piggy’, because I adore in season peaches
3. What is your greatest fear?
Telling people my greatest fear!
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
My writing is precise, economical, subtle, controlled and thought-provoking.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Enthusiastic, joyous, inquisitive, peculiar, crystalline.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
James from James and the Giant Peach because the idea of travelling the world and skies in a giant peach with giant animal friends is way cool, and I get to have as much peach as I want!
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
The beginning of time itself - to watch the Big Bang unfold.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Who should I send my manuscript to?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My parents, they taught me to believe in myself and to chase after my dreams, big and small.
10. What/who made you start writing?
It all started with a love of reading developed early on. I can’t pinpoint a particular book but it feels like I’ve always wanted to write.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Miracles – because they do happen!
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Heidi Goh's first picture book, York's Universe, was shortlisted for the crighton award.
Learn more about Heidi here.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom