You can find out more about Tania on the Kids' Book Review About page.
Tania answers Kids' Book Review's 12 Curly Questions:
1. Tell us something hardly anyone knows about you.
I’ve lived in four different countries and have moved house over 60 times. I’m very good at packing.
2. What is your nickname?
Tan. (Pity I don’t have a nice tan to go with it.)
3. What is your greatest fear?
I don’t have many fears at all. Maybe the evaporation of time?
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
I strive for an original, quirky, unique voice that inspires.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Dedicated, diverse, original, multi-tasking, kid-focused.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Too many to choose from. Right now, I wish I could be Eloise so I could let loose in the Plaza Hotel in New York.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
La Belle Époque in Paris (1871 – 1914) – for the art, literature, music, theatre, beauty, fashion, glamour, scientific discovery – and the pre-war peace.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
I’m so glad you finally got your act together and followed my dream!
9. Who is your greatest influence?
People: too far-reaching to mention but Roald Dahl, Katherine Hepburn and Jackie French come to mind. Things: travel, nature, photography, kids.
10. What/who made you start writing?
It’s in my blood – my grandfather was a journalist and historical author, and writing is just something I’ve always done. I had my first poem published when I was eight and from then on, I never really stopped. It’s like oxygen to me.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Originality. Because like many a precious and rare thing, I’m obsessed with it.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. Anyone who has ever read these books will know why.