Hazel is an award-winning author of more than 200 picture books as well as children's, young adult and non-fiction books including:
- There’s a Hippopotamus on our Roof Eating Cake
- My Hippopotamus is on our Caravan Roof Getting Sunburnt
- Antarctic Dad
- Seiko the Watchdog
- Professor Fred Hollows (Aussie Heroes)
- F2m The Boy Within
- The Mindreading Chook (Sleuth Astrid #1) (KBR review here)
- Antarctic Writer on Ice
- Authorpreneurship: The Business of Creativity
In addition to her diverse writing interests, Hazel is involved in numerous educational, mentoring and support roles within the literary community and elsewhere. These include:
- Vision Australia’s ‘Feelix’ kits for blind pre-schoolers, since 2003.
- Involved with the Visual Storytelling Resources Project, Victorian College for the Deaf developing Auslan versions of several titles.
- Judge/Mentor, Tournament of Minds, since 1986; for gifted students.
- Visiting Guest Author, The Royal Children's Hospital, Westmead Hospital and Mudgeeraba
- Special School, Queensland.
- Speaker at literary festivals and overseas events including the American Library (Paris),
- Montessori School (Kathmandu, Nepal), Toronto Library (Canada), the Beijing University and Nanjing (both China).
We have been delighted to have Hazel as a frequent visitor here at Kids’ Book Review in the past:
- Hazel Edwards 12 Curly Questions
- To ‘E’ Read or Not To ‘E’ Read
- Story Ideas with Hazel Edwards
- Hazel Edward’s Favourite Dr Seuss Book
- Hazel Edwards Guest Post
- Author Interview: Hazel Edwards
You can find out more about Hazel’s books, non-boring writer’s workshops, online mentoring for writers and other activities by visiting the Hazel Edwards: An Australian author website.
Congratulations Hazel and thank you for the wonderful contribution you make to the Australian literary community.