On 23 November 2013, it will be fifty years since the first episode of Doctor Who was screened on television, and this is the fiftieth anniversary annual, packed with pictures, stories, and plenty of entertainment.
Here’s what’s in store:
- A who’s who of Doctor Who’s incarnations (eleven of them) and a timeline of his travelling companions.
- Fifty facts about the Doctor - including his age (he’s over 1,000 years old) and educational qualifications (one degree in making cheese and another in medicine).
- Explore the TARDIS - the name stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space.
- Delve into the Doctor’s mind with a few entries from his diary about his adventures gallivanting across the universe (featuring recent episodes of the TV series).
- A look at fifty years of monsters like the Daleks, Weeping Angels, and Time Beetles, plus a hunt for tiny cartoon versions of the monsters hidden throughout the book.
- Two comic strips and short story.
- Activities including an ‘Angel Attack’ maze and ‘Spot the difference’ pictures.
This is a book which should keep most fans of the travelling Time Lord immersed in reading it for quite a while.
Title: Doctor Who: The Official 50th Anniversary Annual
Publisher: BBC, $16.99 RRP
Publication Date: August 2013
For ages: 8+
Type: Non fiction