I’m a good old-fashioned traditional witch!
2. What is your nickname?
Mands, or Moo, or just plain Mum
3. What is your greatest fear?
It’s a bit heavy, but probably losing a loved one.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Upbeat, modern, with an uncomplicated result that’s easy to read.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Expressive, creative, articulate, unique and fun!
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Lady Arwen, Evenstar, from Lord of the Rings, because she knows that one mortal life well-lived is worth more than eternity spent alone.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
Medieval times in England … maybe 1350, because it was a time of knights and ladies and witchcraft and horrible torture and Black Death. A wonderful time in history!
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
“Let’s watch Hey Hey it’s Saturday, and then we’ll go outside and run through the sprinkler!”
9. Who is your greatest influence?
In writing, Charlotte Bronte and JK Rowling. In life, my maternal grandmother.
10. What/who made you start writing?
I had an obsessive desire to write from the moment I knew how to do it. There is no greater therapy than putting words on paper and watching a story grow.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Tectonic … because it’s fun to say.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Secret Garden because it’s an eternal journey of exciting discoveries. Every time I read it is like the first time.
Mandi Greenwood's debut YA mystery novel Six Steps Down was published by Short Stop Press and released on 1st December 2013. A sequel is currently underway. Six Steps Down is available from major bookstores and online retailers.You can find out more about Six Steps Down events and updates at the Six Steps Down Facebook page.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom