I have a collection of toy robots, including Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and Robbie the Robot.
2. What is your nickname?
3. What is your greatest fear?
Forgetting something important
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
My characters always include a girl with attitude
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Great dialogue, characters with ‘issues’
6. What book character would you be, and why?
George, from Famous Five because she is always in the thick of it and not scared of anything.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1968 and tell my parents to immigrate to NSW
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Do you still have lots of weird stuff in your head?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
Lots of clever writers
10. What/who made you start writing?
I decided to write the books I’d want to read
11. What is your favourite word and why?
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably something like the Bible as it contains awesome poetry, gory stories, scary stories, love stories, funny stories, sad stories and lots of wise sayings that actually mean something.
Dawn Meredith is the author of junior fiction and non-fiction. Her latest book, Sir Donald Bradman: Australian Champion Cricketer, was published by Moshpit Publishing in April 2013 and is available from Amazon. Visit Meredith's blog to find out more about her books and other interests.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom