When I was about fifteen I nearly killed my mum with an iron. I was on the roof with an old iron tied to some wire pulling the iron up and down to clear out the accumulated soot. Mum was in the kitchen and she put her head in the chimney to yell at me. Fortunately she pulled her head out of the chimney to take another drag on her cigarette just as the iron came undone and fell down on to the stove below.
2. Do you have a nickname and if so, what is it?
3. What is your greatest fear?
Tsunamis tornados and cane toads
4. Can you describe your writing style for us in ten words?
This. This then that. Thisthat. This again. Then thisat. Then
5. Can you give us five positive words that describe you as a writer?
Persistent. Chaotic. Wondering what if.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
The Shadow because the shadow knows.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
2024 to see if the grandkids are OK.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
I don’t think I would presume to give myself advice.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
Alex, my grandson, told me I couldn’t do my books without his help.
10. What or who made you start writing?
I really started writing for our two boys Dylan and Blake.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Crackling. Because I love the saltychew of it.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
A very big one.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom