I have sore feet.
2. What is your nickname?
3. What is your greatest fear?
To hurt a friend.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Real with heart, a lot of heart.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Risky with integrity. Caring. Funny.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Superman. So I can save the world from evil.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1968 with the first man on the moon. There was so much hope then.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My father who inspired me everyday with his courage to meet powerful challenges yet retain his belief in family, love and community.
10. What/who made you start writing?
My father’s dying. I started to write for him.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Children. Because my children mean everything to me and the children I connect with do as well.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
John Donne’s collection of poetry.
Susanne Gervay is an award-winning Australian author of picture books and fiction for children of all ages. Her latest book, Being Jack, is the fourth and final instalment of the best-selling I Am Jack series, published by HarperCollins. Visit Susanne's website and Facebook page to find out more about her books and writing and keep up to date with her latest events.
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom