1. Tell us something hardly anyone knows about you.
When I was little, my dream was to be a dancer on Young Talent Time.
2. What is your nickname?
Dooee – it’s a long story.
3. What is your greatest fear?
Right now: writer’s block. Always: spiders.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Free-flowing ... then I revise and agonise over every sentence.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Flexible, Persistent, Indecisive, Kind, Pantser.
6. What book character would you be and why?
Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia – she’s brave, experiences magic and an alternate world (and she’s probably not scared of spiders).
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I’d have to say growing up in Melbourne in the 70s … life was simpler, slower, bookstores were aplenty and we were kinder to the environment.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you and why?
Don’t play chasey around the public pool … you will fall, hit your head and get knocked unconscious.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
Three amazing women, each born in different eras. One taught me patience and kindness through letter-writing, one taught me to be strong and independent and one unconditionally supports and encourages me.
10. What/who made you start writing?
I wrote a short story in Year 11 and my English teacher said I should continue writing. Twenty years (and a different career) later, I took her advice.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Supercalafragalisticexpialidocious – you can’t say it without cracking a smile.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Impossible. That would be like saying I can only eat the one thing for the rest of my life!
You can find out more about Connie on the KBR About page and you can read Connie's reviews here.