2. What is your nickname? Most of my friends and family call me Tobi. My 2-year-old nephew calls me Bobby because he can´t pronounce the letter T.
3. What is your greatest fear? To lose my eyesight. It would be horrible not to be able to see anymore.
4. Describe your illustration style. Expressive, sculptural, sometimes surreal, sometimes funny, sometimes serious.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as an illustrator.
6. What book character would you be, and why? Maybe Gandalf in Lord of The Rings. Being a traveling wizard sounds quite cool!
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why? I´d like to travel 150 years into the future! Which music are people listening to? What kind of clothes do they wear? Are there flying cars?
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now? 'Hey, I thought you wanted to become a scientist for dinosaurs! But now you are an artist for picture books? Wow! That´s even better!!'
9. What is your greatest influence? My journeys around the world. Each country and culture on this planet has so many interesting things to discover. I always have my sketchbook with me and sometimes a new idea for a picture book is in my backpack when I return home.
10. What/who made you start drawing? I've been drawing since I was a child. It was - and still is - awesome, to be able to create whole worlds with my imagination.
11. What is your favourite colour and why? Green! No, it´s Red! Or maybe Blue?! No way, it´s Yellow! Mmmmh, did I already mention Green?
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? A big fat travel-journal. There I could write down my experiences and adventures and read them to my great-grandchildren when i´m an old old man.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom