I’ve appeared in a blooper scene for a television soap opera. The footage is on YouTube. Find it if you can (it will be harder to locate than a needle in a haystack).
2. What is your nickname?
I’ve never had a nickname. I think it’s because ‘Pete’ is too hard to shorten. ‘Pet’ would be just weird sounding!
3. What is your greatest fear?
Being bored on a 32 hour flight to London sitting next to person with no sense of humour. Makes my skin crawl.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
A sit down comedian doing improv in front of the computer.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Irreverent, observant, consistent, unpredictable, researched.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Charlie from the Chocolate Factory. It would be great to be part of the best kids’ book ever written.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1977. The release of Star Wars and the world-changing explosion of disco fever.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Read more funny books when you were younger because you’re going to need more joke ideas in the future.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My wife. Every story I write is for her and her primary school classroom.
10. What/who made you start writing?
My wife and her primary school classroom.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Ludicrous. It sums up so many things about our world and what goes on every day.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Peter Jackson – A Film Makers Journey. It’s an epic story about turning your childhood goals into reality and overcoming ludicrous obstacles and setbacks.
Peter Millett is a children's book author and comedy writer living in New Zealand. His books include the Boy Zero Wannabe Hero series. His latest book book is Johnny Danger D.I.Y. Spy (KBR review), published by Penguin Books Australia. Visit Peter's website and Facebook page for more information about his books and other writing.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom