Ummm…. My partner calls me Supagirl. I kind of like that.
3. What is your greatest fear?
Of having lived an ordinary life.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Eclectic, empathetic, energetic – I couldn’t think of anything else that begins with ‘e’.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Um… eclectic, empathetic, energetic…?
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Probably Eloise because she’s bratty and lives in the Plaza Hotel in New York. I spent a lot of time in hotels as a child but was always painfully well-behaved. I wish I’d had a bit more Eloise in me.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
Probably five years ago and I’d become fabulously rich by predicting the future.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Well done. You’ve done a pretty good job of avoiding living an ordinary life.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My contemporaries and other writers before me.
10. What/who made you start writing?
Reading. I have always been a voracious reader and loved books so much I wanted to make them myself.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
That’s right. ‘What’ is my favourite word, closely followed by ‘why’. Just being silly. Although, that’s another good word: ‘silly’. I kind of like ‘serendipity’, too. And ‘courage’. Actually most words are pretty fabulous and if you put them in a particular order they can do amazing things!
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Maybe Now I Am Six by AA Milne. Though that’s a tough call.
Sally Rippin is an Australian author and illustrator of more than 50 books for children. She is the author of the popular Billie B Brown and Hey Jack junior fiction series. Her latest books are two Billie stories for younger readers, Billie's Underwater Adventure and Billie's Great Desert Adventure, both illustrated by Alisa Coburn and published by Hardie Grant Egmont. Visit Sally's website and Facebook page for more information about her books and illustrations.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom