I have a weird aversion to citrus pips.
2. Do you have a nickname and if so, what is it?
Yes. Not many people call me this now, but it’s Bug.
3. What is your greatest fear?
That thing standing right behind you, right now. Don’t look!
4. Can you describe your writing style for us in ten words?
Lively, rhythmic, funny, playful and economical.
5. Can you give us five positive words that describe you as a writer?
Hard-working, passionate, curious, surprising.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
I’d be Madeline. She seems to have an excellent time.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I’d go to New York sometime in the early 1920s, and see what the world of The Great Gatsby was really like.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
She’d say ‘No way! Go to fairyland. Or Japan, 200 years ago. That would be so much better!’
9. Who is your greatest influence?
The entire cast of The Muppet Show.
10. What or who made you start writing?
I’ve always loved it, ever since I can remember. Maybe the Tooth Fairy made me do it. I was desperate to communicate with her.As a kid, I was captivated by Roald Dahl, too.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Woozle. That’s what I call my kids.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
The Great Gatsby.
Nicki Greenberg is an Australian author and illustrator based in Melbourne. She has written and illustrated numerous books for children including Monkey Red Monkey Blue and The Naughtiest Reindeer. Her latest book, Teddy Took the Train, is published by Allen & Unwin. Visit Nicki's website for more information about her books and illustrations.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom