I am really, really scared of sharks! As a child, I was even worried that they were in the swimming pool!
2. What is your nickname?
Lilli – I have been called that since I was a baby.
3. What is your greatest fear?
Being stranded in the open ocean.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
It’s informative and educational, but is friendly and simple too.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Educated, friendly, happy, perfectionist, mother.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Dr Dolittle because I always talk to the animals!
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1969 – the year the first man walked on the moon. I am fascinated by space and it would have been incredible to witness an historical event like this.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Enjoy every minute of being a kid and don’t be in a hurry to grow up.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My parents – they are good people with strong moral values that inspire me to be the best person I can.
10. What/who made you start writing?
I have always wanted to write a children’s book about pets, but it was after the birth of my son Hudson that I was inspired to actually do it.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Perseverance – because this is the only way to achieve your goals and dreams.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Did I ever Tell you How Lucky You Are? by Dr Seuss, because the rhymes never get boring and this story reminds us to be grateful for what we have in our lives.
Dr Lisa Chimes is an emergency vet at an animal hospital, known for her TV appearances in Bondi Vet. Lisa's passion for animals and their care has led her to write two picture books, My First Kitten and My First Puppy, published by Puffin Books. The books combine an entertaining story with information about selecting and caring for a new pet and are available from the end of July 2015.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom