“All the best games. Amazing facts. Awesome secrets.” That’s how it is described on the cover, and Game On! is certainly packed full of information, pulled together “by gamers for gamers.” Their credits include years contributing to gaming magazines, participating in gaming conventions, and of course playing games.
The book itself is divided into many different categories, like the games themselves, gaming secrets, lists of cutest characters, weirdest games, gaming hoaxes and more, plus roundups of the best indie games, gaming jargon, and so on.
Gamers will love the hundreds of screenshots, gaming tips, and almost endless trivia packed into the pages of Game On!.
Did you know?
- Fewer than ten people have ever achieved the highest possible score in the arcade version of Pac-Man (that score is 3,333,360).
- Clash of Clans “generates an estimated $654,000 in revenue daily.”
- “Pokemon Drowzee may have been inspired by the tapir, an animal that ate the dreams of sleeping people in Japanese folklore.”
- The game “World of Tanks set a Guinness World Record in 2012 for number of players online simultaneously on one MOG server, with over 305,000!”
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron was released six months before the new Star Wars movie, but there is a code that will unlock it to reveal a ship that first appears in the new movie.
Title: Game On! 2016
Author: Ryan King (editor)
Publisher: Scholastic Inc., $19.99 RRP
Publication Date: November 2015
For ages: 8-16 years
Type: Non fiction