Everybody knows I love to dance but hardly anyone knows I started out as an Irish dancer. It certainly surprised my Irish father in-law.
2. What is your nickname?
I have many! Jacqui, Jack and Jackson are what I am called the most.
3. What is your greatest fear?
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
A descriptive journey across landscapes and culture filled with adventure!
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Passionate, unearthing, developing, reflective, tenacious
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Mary Poppins, she is practically perfect in every way. I would love to be like Mary, go on lots of adventures and a jolly holiday.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
35 B.C. Ancient Egypt. I have always been fascinated by Egyptian history and it would be amazing to meet Cleopatra.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Believe in magic! Have fun!
9. Who is your greatest influence?
Hans Christian Andersen, an exquisite writer and an inspiring man. “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.”
10. What/who made you start writing?
From a young age I adored writing. My mum saw my passion and encouraged me to write. She is an amazing storyteller. I have learnt a great deal from her.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Fabulous! It is such a positive bubbly word and instantly makes me smile.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia) by C.S. Lewis. It captivated me when I was younger and I still enjoy the magic!
Learn more about Jacqueline's work and her book, Charlie's Adventures in Hawaii, at her website.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom