I’m scared of possums
2. What is your nickname?
It depends on the friend, but some of the keepers are Gibbon, Hound, Forest Gump, Dr Rooney and Mr. Nah-Nah (to my daughter Gracie)
3. What is your greatest fear?
Giant, blood-sucking possums
4. Describe your writing style in ten words
Four chords and the truth (except for that last answer)
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Straight from the heart (& quirky)
6. What book character would you be and why?
The shepherd boy from Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist. A dreamer with friends in high places.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I’d stay right here – but having the option to be somewhere else would make me appreciate the moment more.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
I can’t believe you’re married…to a girl
9. Who is your greatest influence?
10. What/who made you start writing?
The ability to hold a pencil – Thanks Mum ox
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Grace – without it I’d be in all sorts.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Bible – as a homeless man named Brian once told me “You can’t get in without a ticket!”
Patrick Guest is an Australian children's author living in Melbourne. His books include That's What Wings are For and the recently published The Ricker Racker Club (Little Hare). Visit Patrick's website for more information about his books and author events.