I still sleep with a teddy bear. His name is Arthur. He is 32 years old and flat as can be, but contains all my memories, hopes, fears and dreams.
2. What is your nickname?
I don’t really have one, unless you count a shortened version of my name, 'Kat'.
3. What is your greatest fear?
Never really taking the time or opportunity to really live & losing a loved one.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Imaginative, playful, humorous, full of mythological creatures & magical characters.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Persistent, devoted, hopeful, curious, open.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
I would be Luna Lovegood. She is such a unique & interesting character full of wonder. She’s also kind, positive, inquisitive, a dreamer and a true friend.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I would love to take a peek at the 19th century. There was so much growth, new discoveries, inventions and modernism.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now? It’s about time. What took you so long?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
I’ve always loved books and writing, but it wasn’t until I met my husband that I really put more thought into it. He and my children are my biggest supporters.
10. What/who made you start writing?
I fell in love the moment I learned to hold a pencil and it grew from there.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Dream. When you dream, whether awake or sleep, anything is possible. Dreams can be turned into reality.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Just one? I’d choose the first book in the Harry Potter series, because of the setting, detail and characters.
Kathy Cyr writes in an underground cave, but has her eye on a wizard's castle. On an average day, she's usually surrounded by a dwarf with a curious addiction to coffee, a moody dragon and a pink pixie with a large sweet tooth.
When not writing books, she can be found daydreaming about faraway places, enjoying a cup of coffee with the dwarf, sharing a laugh with the moody dragon (when he's in the mood) and sitting on a rainbow of treats with the pink pixie. Learn more at www.kathycyr.weebly.com