You can find out more about Anouska on the Kids' Book Review About page.
Anouska answers Kids' Book Review's 12 Curly Questions:
1. Tell us something hardly anyone knows about you.
I only learnt to ride a bicycle when I was 38.
2. What is your nickname?
Friends always end up calling me Noush. I guess ‘Anouska’ is just too much of a mouthful …
3. What is your greatest fear?
I don’t really have a ‘greatest’ fear, but I have a couple of biggish ones: falling (not the same as a fear of heights — I will happily look down from the top of the tallest building as long as I’m behind a secure railing!) and lizards.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Succinct, punctuated, honest, fluid, warm with a dash of humour.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Happy, focused, optimistic, curious, persistent
6. What book character would you be, and why?
I have had so many people tell me that I’m just like Hermione Granger that I think I’d have to try out her life, at least for a while.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
I’d stay right where I am. There’s still so much more I want to do with the life I lead right now.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Whatever life throws at you, relax, you’ll be fine.
9. Who is your greatest influence?
My husband. He’s my balance.
10. What/who made you start writing?
My love of reading and all things to do with words.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Serendipity. Love the meaning, love the sound.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Sorry, I can’t even bear to think about that!