You can find out more about Jo on the Kids' Book Review About page.
Jo answers Kids' Book Review's 12 Curly Questions:
1. Tell us something hardly anyone knows about you.
I believed I was the ugliest person in the world from when I was about 12 years old.
2. What is your nickname?
Dad called me Tuppence when I was born, much to my older sister’s disgust. No longer Tuppence herself, she had to settle with being called ‘Fatty R Buckle’.
3. What is your greatest fear?
Not being around when my children need me. My mobile phone is always within reach.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Verbal diarrhoea on the page. Uncontrolled, but lots of fun.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Energetic, enthusiastic, determined, experimental, hopeful.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Pippy Longstockings. Nothing is impossible when you believe.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
Today. It’s always the best day of my life.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
Did you know that you are beautiful?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
10. What/who made you start writing?
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Dream. Nothing new will happen without it.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That’s a hard one. Maybe an iPad that contained all my favourite books in one lightweight package.