I used to have a pet sheep called George who thought he was a dog.
2. What is your nickname?
Shelley - that's what my family have always called me.
3. What is your greatest fear?
Not being able to conquer fear.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Free flowing stories with interesting characters.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Determined, hard-working, passionate, playful, visual.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
Jessie, the main character in another book that I've got planned. She's fearless.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
1931 - to meet Joe Riley from "Racing the Moon".
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
What took you so long?
9. Who is your greatest influence?
10. What/who made you start writing?
I adapted "Oliver Twist" as a school play when I was in 5th class and never lost interest in writing after that.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
Love - because I can't live without it.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The complete works of William Shakespeare - there is so much drama and comedy and so many interesting characters.
Michelle Morgan is the author of Racing the Moon, published by Allen & Unwin in January 2014 and available at all good bookshops and online. Visit Michelle's website to find our more about Racing the Moon and her other writing projects.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom