I can eat an entire bar of chocolate in five minutes.
2. What is your nickname?
My daughter calls me Mamuschka.
3. What is your greatest fear?
That someday people can’t or won’t want to talk to each other anymore.
4. Describe your writing style in ten words.
Emotional and authentic, without unnecessary extras.
5. Tell us five positive words that describe you as a writer.
Believable, sensitive, fearless, focused on the present, ambitious.
6. What book character would you be, and why?
A curious child. Because he or she has faith in the forces of good.
7. If you could time travel, what year would you go to and why?
To the age of eight, to tell my grandfather before he died that I love him.
8. What would your ten-year-old self say to you now?
More courage! You can do it!
9. Who is your greatest influence?
The Rolling Stones: "You can't always get what you want. You get what you need!"
10. What/who made you start writing?
The picture of a child injured in an attack during the Gaza conflict.
11. What is your favourite word and why?
The German word 'Sommerfrische' or summer retreat, used to mean the good climate and wholesome nature in places where people went in summer to rejuvenate. Today the word is seldom used. Maybe because such places have become rare.
12. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Yann Martel: Life of Pi.
Karin's latest book, One Red Shoe, can be seen on the Wilkins Farago website.
If you are an author or illustrator who thinks they are BRAVE enough to answer our questions,
OR if there is an author or illustrator you would like to hear from, LET US KNOW!
We will see if they are up to the task. Just email: susanATkids-bookreviewDOTcom